Why have you arrived at this page?
Well, like most organizations, Bethlehem Lutheran of William Penn, TX has implemented the guidelines for COVID-19 (COrona VIrus Disease-2019) as suggested by the major health organizations in the United States. Changes have been introduced for corporate worship and other activities. These changes will remain in place until it is deemed safe to resume normal worship practices. This page will provide information and updates for our worshipers during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Proceed to the main website by clicking [ here ].
General Fund: $2,400.00
Special Fund: $1,068.92
1. The Elders have prepared Holy Communion kits that include a baggie filled with communion wafers, cups, and a small bottle of communion wine.
2. If you have children, you can pick up an Easter bag for each of your children.
3. You will be able to pick up the kits and the Easter bags on Saturday, April 11, 2020.
4. Bring your communion kit with you to the church parking lot on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020 to receive Holy Communion.
We did an e-visit with the Brenham Clinic earlier this week, but we did not qualify for a test. We have talked with several medical doctors, and they continue to advise a self-quarantine for two weeks.
I continue to speak with other pastors and receive counsel from the Texas District as well as the Synod on how to serve Holy Communion. I am also in constant communication with the Board of Elders as I look to be able to serve you in all ways.
+ Pastor Mark +
1. We will be doing our tithing/offering contributions in our normal way.
2. Please bring your contribution to the church and place it in an offering plate.
3. The Collectors will pick it up on a regular schedule so that your tithing can continue to do the work of our Lord.
4. You can also bring your tithe/offering to the Brenham National Bank drive-through and give it to the teller. Under the auspices of Lynn VanEman, the envelope will be forwarded to the Board of Finance for processing.
* Remember to write your name and the amount of your contribution on the envelope.
5. The Financial Secretary will do the normal processing and recording, so that your contribution can be used.
1. Worship Services and Sunday School have been temporarily suspended due to the Corona virus outbreak. The temporary suspension will be reconsidered as circumstances permit. The suspension extends to the remaining Lenten meals and services.
2. Please stay tuned for updates regarding plans and worship opportunities for Holy Week, April 5th – 12th.
3. Bethlehem Lutheran Church’s sanctuary will remain open at all times. At the times set forth below, the sanctuary will be lit and heated and cooled, as necessary, so that you and your family can come worship God in a familiar setting. During these times, Pastor Mark will be available for Personal Worship, during which he will offer the opportunity for confession and absolution and Holy Communion, as requested. We hope your family will take advantage.
A. Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
B. Sundays: 8 a.m. – 12 noon.
4. Please keep an eye on this web page, which will be providing links and information for:
A. You Tube and Facebook– tune into a sermon
B. Wednesday Lenten service
C. Sunday morning service
D. Tune into a Bible Study
5. Expect Member Caller updates with devotions and updated information
6. VBS – Stay Tuned for more updates
7. Potato Pancake Dinner – Stay Tuned for more updates
8. Camp Pioneer – Stay Tuned for more updates
Today, Pastor Moldenhauer and the Board of Elders decided to implement the safety guidelines of the various United States health organizations as recommended by all levels of government, The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, and the Texas District of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.